Local greens pledge to end local privatisation
2 May 2018
Green Party councillors and all of our candidates across the country have signed up to the following pledge from WeOwnIt.
- We believe our local council services should be publicly owned and run directly, in house
- If a clear public interest case is made, services may be run by not for profit organisations
- Our public services should never be run by private, profit-making companies or their subsidiaries. We will do our best to stop any new contracts being set up and to help our council end existing contracts as soon as feasible
- We will support any new national legislation to make sure public services are only run by organisations which reinvest any surplus i.e. profit-making companies are banned
- We will work for real transparency and accountability for public services in our area – helping local people to access information and make their voices heard